Rising Demand for Study MBBS in Bangladesh Among Indian Students
Study MBBS in Bangladesh 2023-24
Bangladesh, empowered with modern infrastructure offers thousands of international students a world-class education in the field of medicine
MBBS is one of the most popular courses among Indian students after schooling. But the cut-throat competition in the entrance examination, NEET allows only a handful of aspirants to get into the government medical colleges in India. The rest of the students are left with choices of either going to private colleges in India or a better option of going MBBS Abroad to complete their dream medical education. MBBS Admission in Bangladesh, the Philippines, China, Russia, and Georgia remain the favorite destinations among students opting to go overseas. But in recent years, Studying MBBS in Bangladesh has witnessed ever-rising demand.
Behind this trend lie a few reasons, as observed by education experts. MBBS course fee in Bangladesh is significantly lower than that of the private universities in India. Still, medical education in Bangladesh is empowered with experienced faculty, and the existing high-end infrastructure aids further in enhancing the quality. Besides, the medium of instruction being English does not require students to appear for language tests. The colleges are NMC (Formerly MCI) approved and follow almost the same syllabus as their Indian counterparts.
Bangladesh also offers colleges that are exclusive to Women’s Medical Colleges for Indian female students. Students doing MBBS from a foreign university must clear the FMGE/NExT examination to practice in India or pursue PG Medical or higher education.
MBBS at Bangladesh
The percentage of students passing the licensing examination after an MBBS degree in Bangladesh remains one of the highest, bearing testimony to the excellent quality of education provided there. Lower traveling costs from India, lower living costs, and similar food habits remain some other advantages. The college hospitals in Bangladesh attend to a very high number of outpatients compared to other popular countries, thus providing students with better practical exposure. The climate being the same in both countries, and the prevalent diseases are also the same.
Besides, the Government medical colleges offer a SAARC quota that provides free scholarship seats to Indian students. From a security point of view, Bangladesh is a very safe place to live in and study.
Study MBBS in Bangladesh for #Indian Students Contact Smile Education Consultancy most Trusted and Reliable consultant in India 🇮🇳 since 2009
MBBS in Bangladesh for Indian Students is a popular option for those who want to pursue a medical degree abroad at a low cost. According to Smile Education, some of the benefits of studying MBBS in Bangladesh are:
- The quality of medical education in Bangladesh is comparable to that of India, and the syllabus and study pattern are similar.
- The medium of instruction is English, so there is no language barrier for international students.
- The medical colleges in Bangladesh are approved by the National Medical Commission (NMC), formerly known as MCI, and recognized by WHO and other international organizations.
- The students who study MBBS in Bangladesh have a high success rate in the FMGE/NEXT exams, which are required to practice medicine in India or pursue higher education.
- The cost of living and tuition fees in Bangladesh are affordable and lower than in many other countries.
- The culture, food habits, and climate of Bangladesh are similar to those of India, so the students can feel comfortable and at home.
However, there are also some challenges and drawbacks of studying MBBS in Bangladesh, such as:
- The admission process for MBBS in Bangladesh is competitive and requires a minimum 7 GPA and NEET-UG score.
- The students have to face a lot of paperwork and documentation for visa and immigration purposes.
- The students have to adapt to a different academic system and environment, which may be stressful and challenging at times.
- The students may face some food habits differences and styles of cooking in Bangladesh, especially if students belong to South India or Extrem North India.
- The students have to deal with a lot of study pressure since Undergraduate medical study deals with a vast syllabus. Do not apply if you don’t have habits of studying or working academically hard. MBBS education needs dedication and passion to be a good Doctor.
Therefore, the students who want to study MBBS in Bangladesh should weigh the pros and cons carefully and make an informed decision based on their preferences and goals.
MBBS course duration in Bangladesh: 5 (FIVE) YEARS
Compulsory Internship (Clerkship) in Bangladesh Duration: 1 (one) year at Own Institute
Internship (Clerkship) in India Duration: 1 (one) year at any Institute.
MBBS Admission Process in Bangladesh
Learn more MBBS Admission Process in Bangladesh as Indian Candidates
The admission process requires a few documents like mark sheets, certificates, admit cards of classes 10 and 12, passport, NEET-UG scorecard, Aadhaar card, and Birth certificate. Mark sheet equivalency certificate also needs to be produced.
The primary disadvantage of an MBBS from Bangladesh is the lack of proper guidance and information about the admission process. It increases the chance of getting into a not-so-good college at a higher course fee. It is also true that the whole MBBS admission process becomes a little time-consuming, and a lot of paperwork needs to be done within a stipulated time. The other challenge is to choose the right medical college.
Affiliation and recognition status, patient flow, infrastructure, and FMGE/NExT performance are other factors to decide for MBBS from Bangladesh the suitable medical college, considering the individual budget’s most important aspect.
Top 10 Medical Colleges in Bangladesh
- Dhaka National Medical College
- Community Based Medical College
- Bangladesh Medical College
- Barind Medical College and Hospital
- Green Life Medical College and Hospital
- Eastern Medical College
- Khwaja Yunus Ali Medical College
- Southern Medical College
- Jahurul Islam Medical College
- Chattagram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College
Top 3 Women’s Medical Colleges in Bangladesh
- Medical College For Women and Hospital (Uttara Women’s Medical College, Dhaka)
- Sylhet Women’s Medical College Hospital (Sylhet)
- Kumudini Women’s Medical College (Tangail, Dhaka)
Disadvantages of studying MBBS in Bangladesh
- Few Medical Colleges (Greedy Management) hike Fees without giving proper infrastructure to the students.
- Avoid such Medical Colleges charging extra tuition fees after admission.
- Another Problem is Corruption. World Ranking Corrupted Country (Refer here https://www.ranker.com/list/the-most-corrupt-countries-in-the-world/info-lists) but less corrupted than the Philippines.
- No AC in the Hostel (may be provided by special request with extra cost).
- Hostel conditions are not improved. Hostels in China or Russia are far better than in Bangladesh.
- Living standards are not as improved like China or Russia.
- The initial first-year admission expenses in Private Medical College admission fees in Bangladesh are a little high, almost 50% of the total package you need to pay during admission.
- Very few Holidays and fewer Vacation
- Complete Vegetarian or Jain Foods are difficult to get everywhere in Bangladesh.
- Have to study Hard, due to every Week exams.
- No Clubs, No party, No light life, No Pubs.
- If you are a party animal and looking for only an MBBS degree – but no career goal, and don’t want to learn, then avoid studying Bangladeshi Medical Colleges.
- Initial Homesickness during the first year needs 2-3 months time to settle.
- MBBS Bangladesh eligibility criteria are very tough for Admission to Med College, you need to fulfill all the requirements. (See Eligibility)
See Here Bangladesh MBBS Fees
Subjects teaching in MBBS Bangladesh
|1st Phase||1½ year||Anatomy
|First Professional MBBS|
|2nd Phase||1 year||Community Medicine
|Second Professional MBBS|
|3rd Phase||1 year||Pharmacology & Therapeutics
|Third Professional MBBS|
|4th Phase||1½ year||Medicine & Allied subjects
Surgery & Allied subjects
Obstetrics and Gynaecology
|Final Professional MBBS|
Bangladesh MBBS Study Plan
|1st Prof. MBBS||Anatomy||✓||✓||✓|
|2nd Prof. MBBS||Forensic Medicine||✓||✓|
|3rd Prof. MBBS||Pathology||✓||✓|
|4th Prof. MBBS||Medicine||✓||✓||✓|
|Obs. & Gyne||✓||✓||✓|
Admission Consultant for Apply Bangladesh MBBS College
There are several consultancies helping students with the admission process and choosing the right colleges. But what gets more difficult is to find a consultancy dedicated to the purpose of MBBS admission in medical colleges in Bangladesh.
About Smile Education Consultancy
Smile Education Consultancy is the oldest and most trusted authorized agency in town and undoubtedly the pioneer in this field, dealing with many students every year.
Since its inception in 2009, they have guided countless students in securing admission to the best medical colleges in Bangladesh. When contacted, the CEO of Smile Education Consultancy, Mrs. Reepa Biswas, informs us from the office located at B-265, Survey Park, Santoshpur, Kolkata, that “We aim to ensure that the students get the right colleges and at the right time with minimum effort.” She added, “The application success rate over the years is extremely high. Students moreover need to pay directly to the colleges, not us”.
The organization has also developed an Android app and a website dedicated to the MBBS Admission process in Bangladesh for Indian and Foreign Students.
Students can visit www.mbbsbangladesh.com to know the latest updates, the current fee structure of the medical colleges in Bangladesh, and important dates regarding the admission process. The Mobile app and the website both offer a free GPA calculator and detailed information about Studying MBBS in Bangladesh. Medical aspirants may contact over email or the helpline number mentioned on the website.